[Dailydrool] Names

sally king sally.king at nqe.com
Wed Jun 25 01:29:11 PDT 2008

We are sending get well drool to the many ailing hounds and support and heart-healing drool for the families whose beloved pets have gone to the bridge. We worry and mourn alongside each of you.

Pam wrote "Dogs choose their own names and often bless you with letting you know just what they are."
Absolutely.
I shall never forget how we discussed the hound we were due to adopt. Her name was Blossom. As she was three and a half, although we weren't keen on the name, we felt it would be unfair to change it.
When we met her we tried really hard to call her Blossom, even though she didn't really look like one.  I kept feeling the strong urge to use a particular name every time I called her and with no discussion whatsoever, my daughter suddenly called her by that same name. Clara has NEVER answered to Blossom, she answered to Clara that first time Tilly said it and has done ever since.
I am convinced she chose her own name.

Sally, slave to Rolph and Clara, step slave to Tessie, Henry and Solomon atb

This email has been scanned for viruses and other threats
using Newsquest's Ironport email filters

This e-mail, including any attachment, is private and
confidential.
It should not be read, copied, disclosed or otherwise used by
any person other than the intended recipient(s).
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately.
Newsquest reserves the right to monitor e-mails in
accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business
Practice)
(Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.

Newsquest Media Group Limited.
Registered in England, number 3105111 .  Registered office:
58 Church Street, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 8DP