[Dailydrool] The inspector and the deer

Saba2R at aol.com Saba2R at aol.com
Wed Jun 25 15:55:46 PDT 2008

Auntie  Anne, I read with amusement your story of the Inspector and the
deer.
It  made me think of something that happened years ago to my Roscoe P
Hunter.
We  were barbecuing at my sister’s farm.  One of the males in the family said
 to let the doggies off lead since they would enjoy running around free in
the  area behind the house.  We shouldn’t have listened.  Maw-Maw and I  walked
back to see a calf, with Roscoe PH running alongside.  The wooden  farm fence
with two horizontal beams was enough to keep cows in, but not  enough to keep
a critter with SHORT legs out.  There goes Roscoe, under  the fence, to play
with the baby cow.  He wags his tail and merrily barks  at it.  As we watched
in horror, the mama cow charged him like a bull!  She lowered her head and sent
him flying end over end.  We’re  screaming and carrying on, bringing the
whole family running.  I scramble  over the fence (remember this is years ago – I
was thinner and more spry) and  grab my baby.   All the while everyone is
expecting me to get head  butted next.  Roscoe was fine and I daresay thought it
all great fun.  Of course, Maw-Maw’s German Shepherd walked and sat in perfect
silent  accompaniment at all times, but she always was a boring  dog!
Becca
Mommy  of Roscoe P Hunter (boyfurend of Miss Clos) and mutt sis  Angel