[Dailydrool] dog's name

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 18:37:21 PDT 2008

When we went to the shelter to adopt Mazzie she was named Daisy.  To look at
her, she is no Daisy.  We tried calling her Daisy, but she would not answer
to that.  All 4 of us agreed that she was no Daisy.  While I was inside
filling out the paperwork, the Dad slave and the kids came up with something
that would at least rhyme with her old name at it became Mazzie. I said, I
don't like that name.  I wanted to name her Lucy.  She wouldn't answer to
Lucy.  We tossed around a few names to her and when they said Mazzie her
ears perked up and she cocked her head to the side. Yup, she is Mazzie.  She
doesn't even look like a Lucy to me.  I want a Lucy, but the Dad Slave says
3 hounds is enough with the 2 two-legger kids we have also (ages 11 and 9).
At least I got my way with naming our boy Oliver.  The hubby kept saying
that is a cat's name, but I know a cat named Steve.  I don't buy the "that
is a dog/cat name" which is most likely because I had an overweight
doxie/doberman mix named 'Whiskers' growing up.  He came from the shelter
with that name and he answered to it so he stayed Whiskers. Anyhow, back to
the Mazzie story, ( I can't believe I even lose my train of thought
writing), our neighbors named their dog Daisy and when they holler for her
Mazzie doesn't even lift her ears, cock her head, or acknowledge the name.
She is Mazzie B. Nosey because she is a nosey neighbor and peaks out the
curtains at our neighbors. B. can stand for brat or another b word that I
can't mention here.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/212662 Mazzie's dogster page

DRool to all those in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie and Oliver