[Dailydrool] Nail hardener

Sharon Hall Shallhb at comcast.net
Wed Jun 25 19:20:33 PDT 2008

Please don't use human nail hardener on your dog's nails!  It has
formaldehyde in it, which is not a good thing.  I was at our local
dog rehab clinic last week, and they have a product called 'soft
paws' that is just for the situation you are talking about.  It's a
soft plastic nail cover that they use for dogs that have had serious
back problems and drag their hind legs, and hence wear their nails
down.  I don't have a contact at hand, but I know the kitty version
(made for cats that destroy your rugs and furniture by clawing) is
made by a company called Soft Paws--I think that's their web site
name.  If they don't make the dog version, I'm sure they'll refer you
to someone who does.
Sharon Hall