[Dailydrool] Nail hardener

Hilary Stevens hilaryjane at msn.com
Wed Jun 25 15:37:48 PDT 2008

This maybe be a crazy idea but I'm wondering whether it is safe to use nail harder on hounds nails?

Alfie drags his paws and whilst he no longer scuffs his knuckles he wears down one nail on each paw if he walks any distance tarmac.

We tend to keep him on grass so it isn't a huge problem but occasionally this isn't practical.

I wondered whether applying nail hardener - the clear lacquer you can get to strengthen human nails - might give him a bit more 'mileage' for short trips.

Obviously we'd have to make sure he can't lick it off whilst it is drying.

I'd imagine pretty nasty stuff to digest.

What do you think?

Hilary