[Dailydrool] Stupid things people say

decadog at comcast.net decadog at comcast.net
Wed Jun 25 19:35:01 PDT 2008

Once, at an adoption event in Las Vegas, we had two of our up-for-adoption rescue hounds in an x-pen for the world to admire. Most people did just that. But this one couple came up and the guy looked in the pen and said to his wife "Bassets are the stupidest dogs in the world" and they walked off. They didn't even acknowledge Kathleen and I, who were sitting right there with our arms slung over the pen or the fact that they'd insulted our dogs. We just looked at each other and cracked up laughing. Not exactly adopter material, so we let it go. We also didn't bring up the fact to him that both of his front teeth were missing and he was chewing on a slug of Skoal! Our bassets were probably thinking "man, there are some ugly people looking down at us today!". But, being the kind souls that they are, even if they could talk, they never would have insulted anyone. That's why dogs are better than most people. Signed, Darlene--who thinks Bassets are smart enough to get all of us Droolers
to read and/or write about them every single day. ;-)