[Dailydrool] puppymillers

Saraberry at aol.com Saraberry at aol.com
Wed Jun 25 22:25:16 PDT 2008

There are some scary puppymillers and backyard breeders, but please keep in
mind that there are some wonderful breeders out there who breed for health,
temperament and do the right thing for their puppies because they are their
family members.

When you want a new dog, look for these people at
_http://www.basset-bhca.org/Member_Info/Roster/roster1.htm_
(http://www.basset-bhca.org/Member_Info/Roster/roster1.htm) ,
or rescue a basset from your local rescue group or look for people on this
list who talk about their very healthy dogs.

Many people don't know where to turn and end up just "finding" the first
people offering basset puppies.

It isn't their fault, but we need to do everything we can to let people  know
where to turn the next time they are ready for another basset in their  lives.

Sara Watson
Member BHCA