[Dailydrool] The World According to Norm - The Wrestling Match

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Thu Jun 26 02:36:02 PDT 2008

It's me again - Norm!

It has been B-U-T-ful weather here is SE Michigan and I love to be outside.
Opie and I have so much fun.  We wrestle, play alligator mouth, chase
squirrels, sniff everything, lay in the sun, debark the trees, play with the
rocks (Mom hates that), play tag and find treasures.  Just yesterday, I
found this BIG old petrified mushroom growing on a tree and I pulled it off.
Opie and I had a great game of "keep-away" going until mom spoiled it and
took my 'shroom away from me.

But that isn't what I wanted to tell you about.  Opie and I play all the
time.  Lately our favorite games are Alligator Mouth and Wrestle Mania.
Although these are different games, Alligator Mouth usually leads into
Wrestle Mania.   That's what happened yesterday.  Opie and I were playing
Alligator Mouth in the back yard.  It was pretty much a tie game.  You can
tell it's a tie by how slimy we are.  We both had slimy all over our heads
and backs and both of our tongues were hangin' out to the ground, since we
had been playing so hard.  I went over to lay in the shady grass to rest.
Opie went to inspect Uncle Morie's rock garden - or so I thought.  Just as I
was dozin' off for a little nap, WHOMP!  Opie jumped on me!  I didn't know
what hit me and I sure didn't know that we were going to play Wrestle Mania.

After a 309234 nickzillion seconds, I got me head goin' in the right
direction, and our game of Wrestle Mania was underway.  We jumped on each
other, be pulled each other's legs out from under each other, we rolled in
the grass, we rolled on the patio, we made "play fight" noises, we pulled on
ears, we grabbed scruffs - it was great!  Wrestling is SOOOO much fun!  Then
it happened - Opie pinned me to the ground!  Now, 'member, Opie is only 5
months old and I am 11 months old; Opie is skinny and I am not; Opie is 10
pounds lighter than I am - BUT Opie is one LOOONNNNGGGG doggie.  Opie rolled
me over, then he layed his LOOONNNGGG body over me like a snake - in a big
long snake "S".  As hard as I tried, I couldn't get up!  Then to make
matters worse, Mom saw all this and started counting - 1 .. 2.. (I wiggled
to the left) 3...4... (I wiggled to the right) 5..6.. (I pulled on Opie's
ears)  7...8... (I growled and barked) 9..10!       OH NO!  He had me down
for the count!  How embarrassing!  I got beat by my baby brother - Opie!
AND - Mom was laughing at me!  How humiliating!

Gotta go eat some Wheaties!

Drools to ya!

Norm and the Rest of the Red Bay Gang

Grady, Hoagie, Johnny, and Opie - The Wrestling Champion

Sandi Wittenberg - Mom to the Red Bay Basset Boys