[Dailydrool] Treat on nose

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Thu Jun 26 13:06:44 PDT 2008

Our late, great Jane Basset learned how to balance a treat on her
nose. This was a very difficult trick for her to learn because she
had such a hard time holding her head up. She was a natural head
dropper, so learning to keep her head up and steady in a hold
position took a lot of work and practice. She'd keep dropping her
head and the treat would fall off--but she wouldn't eat it until I
told her she could. The summer she learned how to hold her head up to
balance a biscuit on her nose was the summer Ken took an intensive
eight-week class in ancient Greek. I tell him that Jane would say
learning how to balance that biscuit was a lot harder than learning
Greek ever could be. If anyone's interested, I have a photo of Jane
showing off her trick that I'll be happy to share in an e-mail
(really gotta figure out the whole online photo album thing some day).

Elizabeth