[Dailydrool] Things best left unsaid

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Thu Jun 26 13:12:42 PDT 2008

One of my father's colleagues has a fond (fortunately!) memory of me
as a preschooler pointing at her family's unclipped standard poodle
and announcing, "That's a FAT dog!" My parents were appalled. Only
last week my mother dragged out that story yet again to illustrate
something I shouldn't do or say, ending it, as always, by saying with
relief that the family thought it was funny. Perhaps a small child
can get away with something like that, but I sure wouldn't dream of
doing it today!

Elizabeth