[Dailydrool] Norm's in the Hospital

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Thu Jun 26 17:42:24 PDT 2008

I had to take Norm in for emergency surgery this afternoon.  He did not eat
his breakfast this morning and by this afternoon it was clear that this was
more than an upset tummy.  Norm had eaten a rock - and a good size one at
that!  He had surgery to remove the rock.  As always, Granny Pat and I were
there during surgery (in fact, I was literally in the operating room) and
remained with Norm until he was awake and had more pain drugs on board.  He
will remain in the hospital tonight and probably tomorrow night.
Fortunately, our vet is state of the art and has REALLY GOOD vet techs on
duty 24/7, so Norm will be monitored carefully all night.  I will be
checking with them throughout the night.  I doubt if I will get much sleep
tonight.

So, if you can spare any drool, please send it to Norm.

Sandi Wittenberg

Mom to the Red Bay Basset Boys