[Dailydrool] Norm Update

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Fri Jun 27 12:20:20 PDT 2008

I went and visited with Norm this morning.  He is still heavily drugged and
pretty subdued.   I crawled into his GIANT crate and rubbed his ears and
petted him for 45 minutes.  He slept most of the time but did manage a tail
wag or two for me.  During the night, his IV went bad and they put in a new
one this morning.  Then about 11:00 am today, Norm decided he wanted that
one out and removed it.  Rather than have to try to put a new IV in his rear
leg, they left it out.  They will be trying him on water and a little food
this evening.  He will have to stay in the hospital again tonight.  He looks
soooo sad, but I know he needs to be there and he has the very best care.  I
will be going back this evening for some more "love on Norm" time.

Sandi Wittenberg

Mom of the Red Bay Basset Boys