[Dailydrool] Grooming Behavior

Synthia Ross srossdo at comcast.net
Fri Jun 27 16:35:05 PDT 2008

Zuma is the only one I have to take to the groomer for nails. As long as
they take him in back, I don't hear a peep. If I am with him, he bellows and
screams. Most of the others are pretty good. My male Saint hates is but
doesn't get nasty. Once he accepts the inevitable, I can do his nails. In
order to make this happen, as he can easily get away from me, I put him in
his crate, climb in after him, and shut the door. I then lean on him and pin
him against the side. He will "graciously" offer his paws for a trim ( yeah,
right). But I can get his feet up and trim the nails. Then, hot and sweaty,
we both climb out with a wonderful sense of accomplishment.

Synthia, manicurist for
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Doheny, Kahuna, Bixby ATB
Ace the Newf
Saintly Miss Maggie, Baja, Hannah ATB
Maya the Great Dane