[Dailydrool] Dexter not leaving the driveway

rebecca stanton rebecca.stanton at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 29 03:06:39 PDT 2008

Ashley and Dexter, Welcome to the Drool!   Hmmm, will be interesting to see what the other droolers say, but it sounds to me fairly typical basset behaviour! Its all very new to him and he may take some time to get used to his surroundings and the noise outside.  Traffic can be a little frightening at first.   One thing we found really helpful with Morse when he was young, and a bit similar to this, was to walk him with 2 of his older friends. He was so pleased to see them that he would trot along behind them and totally forget the fact that there was traffic and people all around.  Pretty soon he just went along and was pleased to be going out, whether they were there or not.  Just give it some time and have a couple of treats handy too!

Becky, Morse & Pumbaa ATB x