[Dailydrool] Nail Trimmer

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 11:27:48 PDT 2008

For those of you who can't find a nail trimmer that works for your
bassets, OMBR has a new alternative!  We had donated to us about 100
of these wonderful nail clippers called the Smart Trim II, made by
Greenies (the treat company).  These are great, great clippers.
Seriously.  I have used many types of trimmers through the years -
Dremel, cross-cut, regular clippers, the kind with the hole in the
middle.... and these are my new favorite, by far.  Let me describe
them to you in some detail, so you can understand how great they are.

The blades are very sharp, and it's designed so that you don't have to
squeeze very hard to cut through the nail. It actually cuts it,
without crushing it into splinters like so many other clippers. In the
handle, there is a little battery-powered file. It's not very harsh;
it just smooths the rough edges of the just-trimmed nail- only the
file uses the battery.

The clippers have a good adjustable length guard, so you don't hit any
quicks - the length guard really works!  Even my Barney, who has
all-black nails, doesn't get nicked anymore!!!  All the nail trimmings
get captured in a little tray below, which you then empty later.  They
are so great that even Hector, who usually has to have his nails
trimmed a tthe vet (with three vet techs), lets us trim his nails with
them.

Sherry, OMBR's President, has also started using them now.  She says:
What's amazing about these clippers is when you hold them, they feel
flimsy and you think they have to be a joke. Uh-uh. They work. I'm
using them in favor of the half dozen other pairs I have and the
hounds don't fight me as much with them. I was skeptical when I first
saw them and thought they were some cutsey gadget, but they really do
work even on the largest nails.

To see a picture of them, with me holding them, click here:
http://photos.imageevent.com/menzie/ombr/websize/DSC02268.JPG

And OMBR now has them for sale in our online store!  I've seen these
retail from $29.99 to $45.00; we are selling them for only $16!!!
(plus $4 shipping, total $20).  Buy a pair now here:
http://www.ombr.org/toteandshirt.htm

as always, all of oru proceeds go directly toward vet care and
supplies for all fo the homeless hounds we have here in Arkansas.  So
you will be helping out yourselves and your bassets, and helping save
lives at the same time!  What a deal!
http://www.ombr.org/toteandshirt.htm

--
Menzie Campbell