[Dailydrool] Two Birthday Lunches

Kahuna and Friends surferdogs at comcast.net
Sun Jun 29 12:54:39 PDT 2008

Tomorrow is Bud's 11th birthday. I got him from NEBHR 4 years ago and he is
one awesome dude! Bud has been blind from glaucoma since he was 3-4 years
old. The old vet records show that he lost his eyes within about 6 weeks of
each other, so it was pretty sudden. He went through quite a bit more before
being turned into rescue, and finally coming to live with me when he was 7
years old. Bud is very easy going and takes everything in stride. He did
have a stroke last August, but bounced right back, and has been going strong
ever since. I do hope I have him with me for many more years, but I will use
slightly different standards for the decision to send him to the Bridge,
accounting for his blindness.

A friend of mine is a terrific animal communicator and checked in with him a
few days ago. Bud is feeling good and has no plans to leave for the Bridge
anytime soon, though that will be fine when it happens because he will be
able to see all the colors again. It's nice that the houndies don't stress
over things like that.

Since I have several appts and it's a busy day tomorrow, I took Bud for his
birthday lunch today. So, Bud got his cheeseburger at McDonalds (plain, no
bun), then off to Memories (local homemade ice cream place) for a scoop of
Maine Blueberry.... He swallowed the ice cream whole, causing everything to
come back up. He then enjoyed the meal a second time at a more leisurely
pace. Everyone will share some carrot cake after dinner tomorrow, on the
actual day.

Synthia, party planner for
Bud (even better the 2nd time around!), Barney, Zuma, Doheny, Bixby ATB
Ace the Newf
Saintly Miss Maggie, Baja, and Hannah ATB
Maya the Great Dane

The man who regards his own life and that of his fellow creatures as meaningless is not merely unfortunate but almost disqualified for life. ~Albert Einstein