[Dailydrool] Corinth, MS Bassets

Heather Collins titaniummom at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 10:01:07 PDT 2008

Well, the girls are almost here and I'm to excited for words!! So far
the have been quite the gentile ladies. Very sweet!!!!! It was quite a
ride trying to organize my first transport and on massive short
notice. I can't thank enough everyone that pulled this off! I'll be
posting pictures of their homecoming later tonight after they get
here. Rescue work is soooo rewarding. Its been a few years since I was
involved but it was missed. Our very first transport was a big huge
YOU FAIL!!! Hahahaha.

I want to thank Bambi for being the first to email me and say "I saw
your post, would you consider...."

I want to thank Robbie for trying to help us find transport and
posting the links on these girls in the first place.

Bonnie and her husband for stepping up for their first transport and
on short notice!!!! They even picked the girls up at the shelter and
acted like Pro's!! I can't say enough about this nice family! It was
the sweetest thing to hear her say "I have everything ready, blankets,
toys, treats, extra leashes.." she was so on top of it!!! (wait, wait,
LEASHES!! I knew I forgot something!!!!!!!) thank goodness for Bonnie!!

I want to thank Menzie for stepping up for the next leg of the girls
journey. She came extra far when we had no hope (thanks also to Bonnie
again for the same!!) and brought the girls to Froggie(aka, Susan). In
all the excitement and finally getting to meet Susan she also forgot
to take pictures. Hehehe. Susan looked the girls over and we talked
extensively about what will need to be done for these girls to get
healthy. Thank you Menzie for helping us! You are soooooo appreciated
for ALL you do!!!

Susan is on her way here now with 3 bassets and 3 kids and is soooo
brave!!! What an awesome lady! I got my very first bassets as an adult
rescuing from Susan. I'm so excited to meet her in person today.

WOW, between 3 rescues and various other individuals, we pulled this
off. Another FINE example of coming together for these houndies that
need love and families!!!
-Heather