[Dailydrool] UTIs

Brenda Weddle bweddlern at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 30 12:35:02 PDT 2008

Jennifer,Our Tinkerbelle had recurrent urinary tract infections until I put her on             cranberry capsules. She gets one 1,680 mg capsule in her breakfast every morning (she weighs 70 lbs with no excess fat). She has not had a UTI since she has been getting the cranberry capsules. I am a nurse and when I start getting a UTI, I start taking the cranberry capsules. Cranberry juice worksalso, but it's hard to get a Basset (or any other dog) to drink it. I buy the capsules at Wal Mart in the vitamin/herb section. Cranberry actually acidifies the urine and makes it a non-friendly place for bacteria - they can't
grow in an acid environment. I hope this helps.Brenda and the Thundering Herd of Dog Woods Farm(Tomorrow 07/01/08 is Molly and Tinkerbelle's calendar page, and their birt=hday, as well!)