[Dailydrool] Dreamer, a/k/a Reba

Tina Zantrofski dzantrofski69 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 30 18:34:39 PDT 2008

Hi again all. First off, thank you all for the welcome back. It sure is
great to be back on the drool again. Thank you all for your suggestions for
name changes for Dreamer.  We tossed around a few ideas and came up with
Reba.  We live in Massachusetts and as you probably know, we New Englanders
tend to round our "r's " when pronouncing certain words so that Dreamer
actually sounded like "Dreama" with our accent.  We wanted something close
to that so she would recognize it but yet for some reason, I could not
remember the name Dreamer, I kept wanting to call her "remember". ??  We
thought Reba was pretty close to "Dreama" and she seemed to like it, so Reba
it is!  She went for her first vet check today and she's scheduled for her
spay in two weeks. Dr says she looks and sounds great. She gets along great
with our other two adoptees and we are now starting to train her to the
Invisible Fence.  I was really afraid when my husband brought home another
basset with all the trouble we had with our previous basset, Maggie. I'll
tell ya though, Reba is nothing like Maggie.  What a love!  She's cautious
but she's not nervous aggressive, she's lovable, she listens (imagine
that!).  She really is a love.  Of course, she's only been here a week so
far, so we  haven't seen her OEBE side yet!

I do have a question for you all though regarding our lab, Millie. Millie is
petrified of thunder and firecrackers. We have had several storms rolling
through the area the last week and she turns into a wreck. she pants, she
paces, she is just beside herself!  I mentioned this to my vet and he
mentioned something called a "anxiety wrap". He said Rescue Remedy would
probably work but only if we knew the storm was coming and could give it to
her before the storm actually arrived which, as you know, is never the case.
I'm just wondering if anyone has ever used one of these wraps and if you
think it is the worth the $60.00 I have found on Amazon.com.  Any other
suggestions to relieve her anxiety would be appreciated as well.

Thanks, healing drool to all who needs it..

Tina and the zoo crew in MA