[Dailydrool] Bumblebees

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Thu May 1 16:49:39 PDT 2008

Yes, Frank the Tank snaps at bumblebees, too, and it also scares me to death.  Frank's friend Max was over to visit this evening, and Max's momslave told Frank to "Stop That! You'll Get Stung!".  Of course, Frank didn't listen at all.  The bumblebees buzz and they love our Russian Sage plants that grow under the birdbath.  I think Frank is attracted by the buzzing that's at his level (short), and he thinks he has a chance of actually catching something.  He's given up on squirrels, deer, and birds.  If I can get it on video, maybe that will be Frank's next movie !

Nancy, owned by Sweet Sarah and Frank the Tank
Keswick, VA

Frank and the Furminator: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwuq0Bi-QzM
Frank, Relaxing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9daaOIfYIs
Frank's Doorbell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S8WKipuw-M
Frank and the Vacuum Cleaner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXB40WcgD-E&NR=1
Frank the Chow Hound: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGATFKogAnI
You Had Me at Ahrooo: http://www.fortheloveofdog

Carla's post: "Does anyone out there have a basset who wages war against bumblebees?  Molly Mae does.  She barks like a crazy basset and snaps and jumps until she gets it on the ground and eventually paws it to death.  My guess would be she has had a not-so-pleasant encounter with one before.  You cannot stop her from doing it...scares me to death."