[Dailydrool] Snakes

jules56pt at charter.net jules56pt at charter.net
Sat May 3 07:59:53 PDT 2008

I am not a fan of snakes anywhere but in the zoo.  We have been owned by bassets since 1983 and in that time we have lived overseas twice and in four different states.  In all of that time we have never found a snake in the yard where the dogs spent their time.  We lived in new Mexico for five years with the coyotes and rattlesnakes and never found a snake in our yard while our neighbors did.  Knock on wood, I just assumed that somehow the snakes didn't want to be where the bassets were.  Maybe we were just lucky in all that time.

We are sending drool to all those who need it.

Julie, basset mom to Sunny, Ninja, and Marley