[Dailydrool] Ticks

Mucci, Annette Annette.Mucci at Delmonte.com
Fri May 2 10:35:01 PDT 2008

Reading the story about the ticks at the boardwaddle makes me feel a little better.  I have become a tick freak now.

I was not at the boardwaddle (boo hoo), but I have been finding ticks on me over the last 2 weeks and it is creeping me out!
We are working a lot outside but never in my life have I ever found ticks on me and I played in the woods a lot as a little girl.

The worst part is that I was sitting here at my desk and around 3 pm Tuesday afternoon I had an itch on my head and found a tick.  I instantly went into panic mode, left work early and became a cleaning maniac at home.   I was a dog and cat bathing maniac too.  I have washed my hair so many times that I think I am going to get dandruff now! LOL.

None of my animals had ticks on them.  None of my animals have even had fleas in their life time. (Yes, I am a little bug freaky - could never go on Survivor)  Granted I would not have wanted to find ticks on them.  Are ticks suppose to be bad this year?  Do ticks just come out of trees?  I thought that ticks were brought in from deer, which I can understand that from the deer beds in this field but they are pretty far back from the house.  Plus, we have never ever seen ticks this close to the house.

Also- one more general question - my DH has been dumping the grass clippings behind the fence.  Does anyone know if that attracts them too?  It already annoys me because it stinks but if this attracts ticks then I have a serious case to get him to stop it! :-)

I think I am going to spray behind the fence as the dogs never go back there, but I am wondering if I have to worry about my yard now too.

I am a little traumatized by this.  Can you tell?  Haha.  For those wondering, I live in the Pittsburgh area.

Love and drool to all,
Annette, Schroeder, Maya, & Cassie