[Dailydrool] Ticks

Ellen R Cole ellen at carlson4travel.com
Sat May 3 07:14:26 PDT 2008

We had a visit with our vet last weekend and he indicated that, for the first time in his experience, we appear to have a tick problem here in the Mohawk Valley of Central NY. He advised us to be very diligent in checking our dogs. Okay, I'll admit it, I don't know the first thing about ticks! That being said, I'll also admit that when Droolers have talked ticks before, I've just kept scrolling! After all, it didn't apply to me! Right? Well, apparently it does now and I've had a look in the archives, but would really love an "in a nutshell" kind of post....

What do I look for? How do I look for it? Is there a chemical-free way to prevent ticks in our yard? Does Frontline work against tick-borne disease?

HELP!! Ellen & Miss Magnolia & Gracie Lou FlatBasset & Oliver & Abigail (ATB)