[Dailydrool] Humping

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Thu May 22 16:59:16 PDT 2008

Here's how humping plays out in our house:

1. Sarah, our 11-year-old spayed female, humps Frank, our 4-year-old neutered male, every night after dinner. Obviously, it's a dominance-thing.   We don't want her to hurt Frank's back, so we say (loudly), "Sarah, NO!" and she quits. Every night.

2.  Cody, the un-neutered 8-pound dachshund who lives next door and spends every day at our house, humps Frank if we've been out of town for a few days.  It's as if he's reminding Frank that Cody is "da boss", just in case Frank forgot while on vacation.  Again, if we say (loudly), "Cody, NO!", he quits.  Cody doesn't hump Sarah because he knows Sarah would eat him alive in two bites.  Cody quits the humping thing after the first day back in town, probably because he's tired of us telling him No all the time.

Nancy, owned by Sweet (HAH!) Sarah and Frank the adorable Tank
Keswick, VA