[Dailydrool] probiotics

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Fri May 30 16:51:08 PDT 2008

I may be mistaken but I do not believe that probiotics may be considered
placebos.
Placebos, by definition, do not have any physical effect whatsoever when
given. The effect would be psychological only.
On the other hand, Probiotics, by definition, have an actual, physical
effect when administered. Yogurt is a probiotic. It contains cultures which
demonstrably change the flora of the gut when eaten.(If the cultures are
active.) The effect is physical, not psychological.

It is certainly a fine line, however, but I do not agree that probiotics are
placebos.

MomPerson