[Dailydrool] Snakes

Anthony Burges ajburges at ozemail.com.au
Fri May 2 01:34:17 PDT 2008

Many years ago a fellow my daddy worked for and bred birds as a hobby, he
used to regularly get the soft wood/sand left after termites had eaten a
tree or the sand from around ants nests to place on the floor of the birds
cage.
His logic was that the excretions left by the ants or termites were a
natural deterrent to snakes as they didn't like to crawl across the sand -
possibly because the ants attack the snakes?
And let's face it the snakes in my end of the world make your rattlers look
like cuddly little things

Douglas
owner and operator of Juliette and Anthony
Drummoyne
Australia