[Dailydrool] grass eating, food choices, etc

Nadine Mysker nadine at mysker.com
Fri May 2 06:46:59 PDT 2008

Jill the Bagel loves grass so much she is simply enthralled that Spring is
here and there are good vittles every turn of the way.  She never throws
up.  Sandy (ATB) The Wonder Dog ate grass only to make herself throw up.  Go
figure!

Jill the Bagel was on both dry and wet dog food when we got her--both
products were not available where we live so we weaned her off and put her
on Purina One Lamb & Chicken.  The wet food she was one previously was one
of the recalls--glad we got her off that!  When she came to us for fostering
she was on prednisone and allergy pills and special shampoo for "bad skin
allergies"--and remember, this was when she was eating the "good stuff".
Once she was on the Purina One she was able to go off the allergy pills and
wean off the prednisone; the special shampoo is no longer required.  The
only time Jill scratches is when she has a true itch--usually around the ear
or collar and rarely more than once every three or four days.

Drool goes out to those who need it!

Nadine Mysker