[Dailydrool] Board Waddle and other stuff

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Fri May 2 08:23:53 PDT 2008

 Good morning, Droolers!? We, too, spent last weekend at Board Waddle in NJ and what fun it was to see old friends and meet new ones!? As usual, we were assigned an upstairs room and our crew spent much of their room time on the balcony overlooking the walkway between buildings, surveying the area, watching for intruders and posing for pictures.? Apparently, four heads poking between the bars proved to be a great photo op, LOL!?

Daisy and Dudley, the bupster, walked most of the street portion of the walk, working the crowd for pets and the occasional bellyrub.? DH took Dozer and Delilah on a shorter loop.? Duds got tired so he and Daisy hopped a ride on the Pooped Pup wagon and enjoyed every moment of it? They decided the boardwalk itself, however, had far too many good smells which needed investigating so we walked the last lap as well.? Kudos to all those people who worked hard to make this year's event better than ever.?? Loved Thelma Lou in her Grand Marshall's outfit.? Dudley is in LOVE!!!? And a shout out to Abe Galinkin for his efforts at reminding folks to "Emancipate the Homeless Hounds."

Did anyone else notice a huge tick population in the walking area to the rear of the parking lot?? The hounds were fine but I swear the ticks were lurking in the trees waiting for me as I picked at least three out of my hair and off my neck.? EEEEWWWWW!

Brudder Elwood,? we can't put into words how happy we are that you are back home and feeling better every day!? I agree that Elder Clara missed your little butt and was comforted by your smell when she slept in your crate.? Keep up the stories, bud.

Welcome to the new Droolers.? This group is the BEST!? So much wisdom and information.? May the new show pups rock the ring!

One final note - this morning, Dozer and Dudley were both in the kitchen while I was eating breakfast - Dozie likes peanut butter and Dudley sticks to me like glue most of the time.? I gave them each a tiny bit of peanut butter toast.? Then, while I was clearing the table I watched a moment in our pack history.? Dozer perked up his long ears, danced his chunky little(?) body around Dudley and actually asked him to play!? You could almost see the wheels turning in Dudley's head going "Usually his wants to eat me.? What's THIS about/" Duds very cautiously began to play with him, with lots of submissive lying on his back.? Dozer continued to dance around him, playfully alligator-mouthing of his head and neck while I held my breath, ready to intervene if necessary. This went on for about five minutes. Their play ended with Dozer unsuccessfully attempting to hump the pup.? I was thrilled to see this positive interaction as up until now Dozie has mostly just ignored Dudley or snarled when he's sharing the couch with me in the evening.? It really was amazing to watch how they worked things out.

Condolences and heart-healing drool to those who have lost their babies or had to send them to the Bridge.? Know that I cry with you at each loss.

Snooters and Drool to all who need them from our crew,

Da Boyz and Da Belles
Dozer, Dudley, Daisy and Delilah

?Sandi / NJMedic702