[Dailydrool] Chasing bees

Mucci, Annette Annette.Mucci at Delmonte.com
Fri May 2 11:26:47 PDT 2008

Schroeder and Maya chase any bug that moves.  I have noticed a lot of hornets and bees out and about lately, a lot earlier than normal.  I have been scolding as I see them nip at the hornets and bees when they fly by.  Last summer, Schroeder got his first bee sting on the lip.  Poor baby had no clue what was going on and his lip swelled like a balloon.  Nothing a little bennydrill couldn't fix, but he was pathetic looking. I felt so bad for him.

I was glad to see that he didn't break out in hives or have an allergic reaction.  When my boxers were pups and they would get bit by anything, they would both break out in hives for days.  That was scary. One time I had to take Cassie to the vet for a shot because her face continued to swell even with the bennydrill.

Darn bugs.  It is the only thing I hate about nice weather.  I guess I should be thankful for just bugs after reading about a rattlesnake biting in an earlier post.

PS- I am not too busy today... bet you can't tell....  :-)