[Dailydrool] dogs and windows

Nadine Mysker nadine at mysker.com
Fri May 2 13:10:15 PDT 2008

We learned the first time we had Jill the Bagel in the car that we needed to
put and KEEP the kiddie locks engaged on the power windows!  You betcha--she
rolled that window down to get her entire chest & head out.  Glad we caught
her in time or she might have bailed on us.

Sandy (ATB) The Wonder Dog never used the button but one day we went through
the drive-through at our local bank and the cashier gave her a cookie.  She
was about 8 weeks old and brand new to us.  So every time I was going to the
bank I would take Sandy along for a FREE treat (I don't know of banks that
give anything else free)!  Fast forward several months, Sandy was about 8
months old.  There we were, Sandy locked safely in the car with the window
partially down and three kids and I at the video rental store trying to
choose the best movie for all, when low and behold, the bank next
door called to tell us to come and get Sandy.  She had escaped the car
(window was down 3 inches) and gone straight to the drive through and
royally tied up traffic in the lane closest to the building.  We ran outside
and found our goofy dog sitting up, begging for treat after treat after
treat.  The cashiers kept sending more out to her so she wouldn't escape
into traffic. The employees at both the video store and the bank still talk
about it.  Sandy, a chinook, lived to be 16+ years old; so much for the
addage that large dogs don't live long.

Nadine Mysker slave to Jill the Bagel