[Dailydrool] Ticks and snakes and spiders, oh my...

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Fri May 2 18:14:21 PDT 2008

 Sorry, Annette, for freaking you out re: ticks!? I'm not a big fan of them either.? In the days before Frontline and Advantix? I would find an occasional tick on the furkids and even more rarely, one of the humans.? This year, however, it's me they have been hopping on.? Don't know if the strange weather we've been having has precipitated this or not.? I think ticks can come from anywhere there is foliage for them to hang out in.? That's probably where the deer get them.? The ticks I found were not deer ticks - those are almost microscopic which makes them extremely difficult to find and remove.? I think, however, that Lyme Disease is no longer limited to them.? I believe I read that if a tick feasts on a Lyme positive host and then bites another, it could be transferable.? Anyone know for sure?

Sure glad none of our hounds enjoy playing with snakes and even more so that I don't live in an area where they are prevalent.? Ditto for spiders... Dudley does run after the bumblebees which buzz about the deck, however, so I keep the Benadryl handy in the kitchen cabinet.? None of them have had an allergic reaction, knock wood, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Da Boyz and Da Belles
Dozer, Dudley, Daisy and Delilah+

?Sandi / NJMedic702