[Dailydrool] greetings from down under

Bina McConnell bina360 at hotmail.com
Sat May 3 04:19:01 PDT 2008

G'day mates - Mum and I have been lurking for awhile - we are sooo happy the brudder be well again. We made drool all the way over here.
I am Dottie - the Petit Basset from Australia, I had a beautiful sis called Bessie Basset who went to the bridge three years ago - we still miss her.
Well our snake story- last time we go to the basset doctor with my best friend Grumpy the Xceptionally Fat Cat to have our check up, a guy comes in huffing and puffing with a box. He goes in to the  doc and then comes back in again with a working dog - one of those ones  who actually do stuff for no treats !!!! Weird.  And they reckon we're dumb !!!!  He then has to sign an INDEMNITY form - big word and is told the procedure will cost $1200 and is most likely a Dugite bite - yuk they are mean snakes, though not as mean as Tiger Snakes - I go t'other way if they be around the place.  Next thing we nose the basset doc who I go to gets a bit distracted and goes out the room -  SOME ONE is asking does the snake in the box that has been bought in for identification need treatment on its wounds!!!!! And they reckon we're dumb!!!!! Phew that was exhausting , back to snoozing
The Dotster , Bessie Basset (ATB), Beatrice (ATB), Prudence (ATB)