[Dailydrool] Bees and bushes

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Sat May 3 04:22:29 PDT 2008

For all you gardeners out there, a warning concerning plants that may attract bees: If you see one that is advertised to attract butterflies, be warned that it will probably also attract bees.

We have an Andromeda bush by our front door. It's been there since I was a kid, but it wasn't until I had bassets that I noticed that the bees love it when it's in bloom. Bel snaps at any flying insect, and this bush provides plenty of opportunity. Fortunately he does not seem to catch them. The slower-moving flies of summer are another matter.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets