[Dailydrool] Ticks and (we think) pulled thigh muscle

Hilary Stevens hilaryjane at msn.com
Sat May 3 08:54:48 PDT 2008

Alfie seems to collect ticks for a past-time.  They hang on to him for dear life.  Our first encounter had us teasing the little critter out with tweasers which in hindsight I would not recommend.  We've now got a little tool that you slot around the ticks body and twist gently to remove the head.  Works a treat.  It's a little peice of plastic with a kind of fork at one end.  I don't think it cost any more than a couple of pounds.

We have to check both ours regularly after walks to check they aren't carrying any passengers.  The last one we found was gorged in the little pocket of Alfie's ear!

The poor chap is limping a little today.  He was chasing Millie around the garden and we think, pulled a muscle. She's a little bullet, far too fast for him.  We've manipulated and rubbed the leg and he doesn't seem to mind that. If anyone has any ideas about how we might assist the healing process we are all ears.

Hilary, Alfie and Millie

Discover and Win with Live Search

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000007ukm/direct/01/