[Dailydrool] Suggestion for grieving Pet

Loricpht1130 at aol.com Loricpht1130 at aol.com
Sun May 4 14:52:19 PDT 2008

Does anyone have any suggestion to help Buddy my nine year  old basset get
over losing his best friend of eight years. Bert, my other basset  had to be put
down Saturday. He was found to have CHF in early April. He had he  usual
check up in February  and all was fine. Early April he started  coughing and we
carried him to his Vet. After a few test he suggested Bert go to  a
Cardiologist. We carried him there.They EKG, Blood work and an echo  cardiogram. She
thought the meds would help him to live longer but there is no  cure for CHF.

He was ok till last Sunday. He went back to his vet Wednesday and  the
Cardiologist Thursday, she changed his meds and by Friday he was so weak, we  had to
pick him up and carry him after he would make it out to the bathroom. He  was
so weak.

Buddy and I are heartbroken. Buddy walks around smelling everything  Bert had
come in contact with.He will not eat and he appears to be constantly
searching for Bert.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I plan to get another basset a  bit later,
but I feel I must adjust to Bert being gone first.

Thanks to all who took the time to read my email.

Lori
LoriCPhT1130 at aol.com

favorites at AOL Food.