[Dailydrool] Janie Anne's Gotcha' Day

Bill billa_1 at msn.com
Mon May 5 05:33:28 PDT 2008

Two years ago today my entire life changed.
Janie Anne (Colorado Mt Basset) found me or vise versa.  I discovered a 3 year old lemon Basset on Petfinders.com, e-mailed, called and took the 5 hour drive down to Lamar, Colorado.
Her former family was moving and weren't able to take her with them.  Her name was Dorothy or Dot when we met.  She was shy and confused.  She also still had the sutures from her spay operation.
It was love at first sight on my part, not on hers.  I'm sure the trauma of being discarded, along with the confusion of new people, led her to be wary.
Long story, short, Janie has learned to love me, she's my constant companion (I'm retired) and I have The Basset Hound I have wanted all my life.  My health has improved and I have an optimistic view towards life now.
Through her, I have discovered the wonderful people on the Drool and many of the fantastic rescue people across the world.
I am proud to be a Basset Slave.  Everyday I am humbled and thrilled to just look into her eyes and see the love.

Our prayers and tears go out to all who have had a loss or pain.  God Bless us, everyone!
We wish all a wonderful day filled with tasty treats, belly rubs, long walks and new Spring scents!!!

Janie also wants to wish Nigel, her boyfriend, a great day, Thanks Jackie!
Her Dogster ID is 729730, everyone is invited to visit and become a pal to Janie,
Woofs, happy dances, and snooter kisses to all.
Janie Anne & Bill Armstrong