[Dailydrool] Snood and food

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Mon May 5 07:57:38 PDT 2008

Thanks to everyone who emailed me off list offering to make a snood for my
Oliver.  Many folks offered to make him a snood and in turn I give a
donation to a certain rescue. I took the first person up on the offer that
emailed me.  I have made my donation to Ohio Basset Rescue this morning.
Thank you to Kathi Lockhart for making Oliver the snoods that I desperately
hope will help his ear ends.  He hates the wind too so that will keep his
ears covered when it is windy or cold out also.

In researching, I found that one of the issues with his ears could be the
quality of food that I feed.  I have tried many brands such as Nutro Natural
Choice, Canidea, Purina One Sensitive Systems, Dick Van Patton's, and
something else I can't quite remember what it was.  This is all been in the
last 2 years.  There were probably more options that I chose to feed the
bassets and Oliver, but can't quite remember them. I started going through
pictures yesterday and noticed that Oliver's coat started looking not so
glossy when I switched him and the bassets to a new food back a few months
ago that is fish based.  Now, as a result, Oliver will be placed on Blue
Buffalo Adult Chicken and Rice Dog Food to see if this helps him.  I am
ashamed to admit that I didn't realize the food I was feeding him had corn
in it!  We have left behind many brands of dog foods for various reasons
such as inconvenience of travelling to get it, the richness of the food, the
dogs vomited on it, etc.

Thank you to everyone that has commented on Nutro.  I can't remember why I
switched them from Nutro back in the fall of last year.  I think it was
because people were raving about Canidae and it was all life stages so I
could feed it to me puppy, adult and senior hound and that made it so
convenient.  I can't understand why I keep switching their food. Maybe it is
an "illness" I have or a trait because I can't have things the same for a
long time or I feel the need to switch it such as the furniture in the room
as an example. I need to move it around for change.  Better hope the hounds
don't learn of my problem or they will take advantage of it some how.

Oh, I do have a question.  Can anyone recommend a certain brand of the x
pen?  I am going to buy one before the end of this month for the ABC waddle
for while I am volunteering at the tables.  It has to be big enough for 2
bassets and a mini doxie so the slots must be big enough where Oliver cannot
escape through them.

DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie and Oliver