[Dailydrool] Dog Food

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Mon May 5 08:01:36 PDT 2008

As with people, what works for one dog in the way of food and what works for
someone else's dog is not necessarily the same. I cannot eat Cottage Cheese
but I can, and do eat Ricotta. I have one dog who will not TOUCH anything
made by either Eukanuba or Iams, while the others snarf.(Mitchell). I have
fed, in the past, Pedigree to a dog with terrible intestinal problems quite
successfully. Anything else destroyed him. My dogs on Wellness developed dry
coats, even with the fish products in them. Purina gave them better coats
but I was using three times as much and the dogs were always hungry. Eagle
Pack has been consistently the best, all around, but it is hard to find
here. I mean, it is my morning to go buy dog food.
One of the Veterinarians with whom I work had a dog who could only eat Old
Roy. Anything else, and I mean anything, made him desperately ill.

I am not saying we should feed any of these brands,only that it is important
to remember, when telling people to get their dogs off a brand of food, that
it may not always be a bad product for certain dogs, despite what our
feelings are about it.

MomPerson who buys several different brands, to Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell,
Zelda and Cooper