[Dailydrool] Upsetting neighborhood norms

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 08:52:15 PDT 2008

I'm sure it's not an option, but my first suggestion is - move! Why would you want to live in a neighborhood with people like that?

More realistically, I'd say since your dogs are not the ones making noise, you should politely suggest that if your neighbors are upset by the noise their dogs are making when you walk, maybe they should consider keeping their dogs inside.

If these dogs are tethered 24/7, or kept in the yard with no shelter, I would give animal control a call. You don't say where you live, but in my state "shelter" is defined as three walls and a roof.

Of course, having your neighbors' dogs taken by animal control won't endear you to them, either. This is a tough situation, and I'm not certain there's a solution. Perhaps someone at animal control or the police department would have suggestions about how to deal with this - keeping the peace is their job...

Esther Strom
Visit my Etsy shop: http://HookedByEsther.etsy.com