[Dailydrool] Upsetting neighborhood norms

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Mon May 5 08:56:41 PDT 2008

My original thought is if people can't control their dogs that is their problem.
However, I have a dog that barks if ANYTHING is going on outside the fence so I know it can be annoying.
And the nasty neighbor may be trying NOT to get in trouble because of his/her barking dog.

Do you have to walk 3 times a day?  I don't know if you have a fenced yard or not.  If you do maybe you could cut your walks back and only walk twice a day.

Have you tried talking to your nasty neighbors without the dogs with you.  Explain the need for exercise due to your physical condition.  Maybe you could come to a time agreement and they could bring their dog in during that time.

My mother walks her dog twice a day and she always carries treats with her for all the accessable neighborhood dogs.   Though she lives in the city and the yards are close together.  She knows every dog by name.  lol.

Cathy