[Dailydrool] sick puppies

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 15:00:46 PDT 2008

Hi Dee and Maggie, Mazzie & Oliver
The puppies have coccidia.  They were clear 5 weeks ago, because I had stool tested.  I fairly certain that Ruby probably brought it home after one of her play dates and she is famous for eating cat poo.  Our neighbor who we do adore, and shares the fence with Indy,  brought home two sick stray kitties about a 1 1/2 months ago, and in the last 3 weeks let them outside with the other cats.  Most of these cats are feral...or have been in some point in their lives.  I don't know if their vaccinated and I am pretty sure they have not had stool tests. The time frame certainly fits from what I have read.  I am fairly certain the 3 big kidz have it, Abby and Tucker both clean up after the pups. As much as I love my neighbor, I have to say the cat situation is getting out of control.  They are all over the neighborhood, climbing on roofs, peeing on people's plants and shall we say killing the plants.    I have been cleaning and bleaching
 everything down that is washable...per my vet's instruction.  The puppies are now in a clean safe area and tomorrow I have someone coming to help me deal with the yard area. It's too hard for me...as I have 4 bulging discs.  Ruby can no longer play with Indy...and Indy and his kitty pal(who never goes outside)  have to be tested again.  What a mess!
The good news is no drooler has diarrhea today...and they have started Alban and aren't acting sick  Thank God!....I just hope this isn't the lull before the storm.  I really think all my kidz are in need of some drooling.  I am just heartsick about all of this...They are my babies...big and little!
Karen and the Dog House Gang