[Dailydrool] sick puppies

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Mon May 5 13:55:33 PDT 2008

I, being forever forgetful, forgot what the poster said her 9 week old pups
just tested positive for. You had questioned if it could be "caught" from
cats.  Many things can be "given" to animals and humans through the feces of
feral cats or cats that do not have vet care or the minimum of
vaccinations.  I do not own a cat so I do not know all the details. I only
know that things can be transmitted through their feces because when Oliver
was a little puppy last year he swallowed cat poo from a stray cat. I was so
upset and had to look it up online. We made him vomit it up and I took him
to the vets for it.  We have many stray cats in our area and they look like
they have been through so much. My husband mentioned trying to trap them and
take them to the SPCA, but he has never done so. Our daughter is allergic to
cats and our youngest basset Mazzie has chased one before while being
walked.  I believe there was a chance if the cat had internal parasites that
if he ate the poo that it could be transmitted to him, but of course, I am
forgetful. I don't even remember the details of the post in question.
Good luck to you,
Dee and Maggie, Mazzie & Oliver