[Dailydrool] Parasites and Poop

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Mon May 5 16:07:39 PDT 2008

 Not an expert here, but coccidia and giardia (sp?) are nasty, extremely contagious parasitic ailments which can be transferred to humans who come in contact with the source, usually feces, but both are also found in water sources such as public swimming pools, Jacuzzis, etc..? The parasite is ingested then lives in the intestinal tract, is excreted in? feces then spread by contact with the feces.? It is my understanding that one can be a carrier and not show any symptoms.? I've had giardia? -? I contracted it while babysitting a toddler who had it (undiagnosed) and despite vigorous hand washing after cleaning up the poor thing, it must've snuck in through a tiny opening in my skin.? I spent three or four days within dashing distance to the white bowl, the last day mostly sitting on it.? I've never heard such stomach rumbling in my life!? I was treated with Flagyl and got relief within several hours.? Don't know if they give it to canines...

My point is, USE GLOVES when cleaning up or after your furkid...unless you want to join him/her in their distress and yes, bleach any and all surfaces which may have been affected.

Sandi, Mamaslave to The Boyz and the Belles - Dozer, Dudley, Daisy and Delilah