[Dailydrool] I have an emergency here (help)

MsBBeaBear at cs.com MsBBeaBear at cs.com
Mon May 5 17:39:00 PDT 2008

Tonight my 13 and a half year old Barney Boy came in from outside where he
was fine before he came into the kitchen and suddenly couldn't get his legs up
in the back. He does have a heart problem.  HE was breathing pretty heavy and I
noticed his one eye seemed to be jumping.  It took about 20 minutes to calm
him down.  I have a sling and decided to try to see if he could get up.  He
tried and could stand for a moment but lost his legs again, so we got him on his
orthopedic bed where he is now laying and resting.  He seems now to know me
and responds to me but didn't before.  I think he may have had a stroke.  Can't
get my vet tonight and I don't want to go to the emergency clinic.  As long as
he is comfortable now I am going to wait and see what happens in the morning
when I can get the vet.  I know it dosen't look too good and I have accepted
that.  I just want to know if anyone could help me out who has had something
like this similar happen with their dog.  Is there anything I should or should
not be doing for him?   If it is his heart,  he may not make it thru the night.
 HE is a tuff old bird.
Thanks, Renee