[Dailydrool] Bobby's fall/asking a favor

The Goose Gaggle Giggle giggle at amanda-s.net
Mon May 5 19:06:08 PDT 2008

Hi all,
Confirming what Wendell's Mom and Auntie Sharon have written, it's true that
Bobby and Wendell were enjoying a walk and talk when Bobby suddenly fell
over (he claims it was a gust of wind) and cracked his pelvis.   Bobby just
moved from the hospital to rehab today, where he has to stay until he can a)
stand up by himself and b) walk 20 steps without tripping over the dogs.

Here's the thing.  Tomorrow is our 25th wedding anniversary.  Bobby has a
way of making these dates memorable. Party for my 40th birthday, sailing in
Greece for our 17th anniversary.  For my 50th he was in ICU.  For our 20th
anniversary he got a hip replacement.  Well, that's what I get for marrying
someone 25 years older.  Humor, wisdom and ...aging.

18 of those 25 years have been spent with Basset Hounds, starting with Mr.
Peabody and Cera, Brie, Freddie, Mell the beagle, Toby, Lucy, Ginger, Mama
Dog, Bailey the cairn, Baby Ruth, Twinkie, Eve, Corkie the Yorkie, Maggie,
Molly and Janey.  Plus the cats.

To add to this week's misery, Brie is at the emergency vet and may have
exploratory surgery tomorrow.  Her charmingly gassy stomach seems
constricted.

So the favor: if anyone could spare a get well or anniversary card, it would
really help.  Bobby needs motivation to get better and come home.  I could
use some cheering up.  Our address is:
The Goose Gaggle Giggle
Amanda Sherwin & Bob Potesky
191 Rivka Road
Saugerties, NY 12477

Thanks to all,
Amanda and the very quiet Goose Gaggle Giggle