[Dailydrool] Update on Barney Boy

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 08:15:15 PDT 2008

Renee,

Waldo does this every few months. It started a couple of years ago, and since the vet has never seen it happen, he can't really diagnose it. However, he says it sounds like a sudden blood pressure crash. Waldo will sometimes lose control of his urine and bowels when it happens. But he's always back up and around in less than 24 hours. Given his age (14) and otherwise generally stable health, we're reluctant to subject him to tons of testing.

Good luck with Barney; I hope this is a one-time deal for him. Even though I'm now familiar with the symptoms, it's still scary every time it happens.

Esther Strom
Visit my Etsy shop: http://HookedByEsther.etsy.com