[Dailydrool] Sunny the grouch

jules56pt at charter.net jules56pt at charter.net
Tue May 6 20:13:26 PDT 2008

We would like to request any spare drool available for our crabby old girl, Sunny.  She is 13ish and is having a hard time of it this week.  She has arthritis everywhere and it seems to be much worse in the last few days.  She also has a heart murmur and a considerably enlarged heart.  She is having trouble standing and staying up Many times she falls over  and can't get herself up without help.  She nearly always bites the help.  Sunny has been with us for almost twelve years and has ruled the roost for all of them.  I know she won't last forever but I hate to see her fading away.  The only person in the whole world that she loves is our son Josh.  He gets home about once a week.  She perks up some for him but it is less each week.  She has been a hard basset to love but we still do.

If you could sling some drool her way we would appreciate it.  I don't know how much longer she will be here.

Thanks for all the wonderful stories.

Julie, basset mom to Sunny, Ninja, and Marley