[Dailydrool] Heart Murmur question

Karen.Johnson at cancer.org Karen.Johnson at cancer.org
Wed May 7 05:57:12 PDT 2008

Yogi Berra (1983 - 1996) had a heart murmur...I believe it was diagnosed
when he was about 9.  Anyway, we just let him do things at his own pace
(like he didn't do that already!) The panting could mean a fluid build up
in the lungs which Yogi took Lasix for from time to time. (Your vet needs
to check him) At some point he developed congestive heart failure so he
also took two heart pills  which I had to get filled at our pharmacy. It
was always funny to hear the pharmacist call out, "Yogi Berra Johnson, your
pills are ready." I always wondered what the other people waiting would do
if Yogi trotted up to the counter for the little bag.  Yogi  lived a long
life and was full of energy, joy and major bassetude until the very end.

Warm hugs and healing drool,
Karen (missing my Yogi-Boy today)
Smudgie and Cindy Lou Who