[Dailydrool] Ozzie's eye

Susan Stoker sue117 at hotmail.com
Sat May 10 18:23:59 PDT 2008

So a few months ago I inquired on the drool about experience with missing eyeballs....I'm going to ask again.

When Ozzie was a year and a half old he had his eye removed because of an ulcer that was never cared for and the eye died. The rescue had a spacer put in. Now it's 6 years later and the spacer is "bulging". It's sticking way out from where it was before. We took him to the vet and he stuck a needle in his socket and said that there were no bacteria in there and no microorganisms. There were some inflamatary cells/tissue. he gave us a week's worth of anti-inflamatary meds and said if he didn't get better than they might have to remove the spacer...(which is what I thought in the first place).

has anyone had any experience with this happening? Have you ever seen a spacer do this? Has anyone had to remove a spacer from a dog because of this? He doesn't seem to be in pain at all...he just ignores his eye. I don't think it will phase him to have it taken out (except I worry about the surgery of course).

Just thought I would ask what everyone else's experience has been. Thanks in advance.

Susan Stoker and the Tank Hounds