[Dailydrool] Ozzie's Eye

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Sun May 11 11:22:14 PDT 2008

Susan,

The photos of Ozzie "now" are reminiscent of Frank's "lacrimal cyst" that we had removed a couple of years ago.  It was a tear duct that got clogged up and the fluid that couldn't come out as tears, ended up forming a cyst.  Frank's bump was below his eye, more on the edge of his snout.  Our vet thought it was a bad tooth at first, and when they figured out that wasn't the problem, we took Frank to a doggie ophthalmologist in Richmond to have it evaluated and then removed.  By the time we had it removed, it was about the size of a half of a golfball.  It wasn't infected, but it certainly kept getting bigger.

The lacrimal glands are above the eye, and tears flow out of the glands to wash over the eye, and then drain into the ducts and empty down into your nose (which is why your nose runs if you cry, I guess!)  Maybe there's something going on with Ozzie's lacrimal gland.

The photos of Ozzie "before" look like he was winking ;)

I hope you get it figured out - I'm sure it's worriesome.

Nancy, and Sweet Sarah and Frank the Tank
Keswick VA